Thursday, August 23, 2007

Four Corner's Message

The quote above is from a sermon Ben did at Four Corners. He was talking about volunteering in church and giving of our time and energy to invest in others, in our church and in our communities, something outside of ourselves. He talked about how we may not be the smartest or the best at something but we give what we can and do what we can with our talents. By doing that, God is able to use what we give and turn it into something extraordinary. He can plant seeds and water gardens and use our small, seemingly insignificant acts to do wonderful things. In turn our spirits are renewed and we can find a sense of community. "Churches and families change the world." I guess his message was encouraging to me as I make some changes in my life and remember that I am not working alone.

No comments: